Monday, January 28, 2008

Tagged by Lillie - Goals for the year

It has only been a few weeks since I put up this new blog, although I have been blogging on myspace for about 13 months: www.myspace.com/dedicatedpublications
and www.myspace.com/dedicated_to_christ . I was initially very shy about blogging, but it has been an exciting adventure. I am very excited about the possibilities with this new blog.

One of the first friends I made after putting up this blog is a fellow writer and editor Lillie Ammann A Writer's Word's, An Editor's Eye. She tagged me a couple of weeks ago to answer the following questions. I am very honored to be tagged. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but I wanted to give these questions some deep thought. So thank you, Lillie, not just for tagging me, but for making me stop to think and evaluate where I am and what I want to do this year.

1. The most important thing I have learned over the last year.
I guess one of the most important things I have learned from blogging has been not to take myself too seriously. There are always going to be people who don't care for what I write, but there are others who do. The most important thing is to just enjoy it and be myself.

2. What I would like to achieve within the next year.

I would like to put up a regular website and lay the ground work for perhaps publishing my own Christian webzine. I would also like to write more articles for magazines and newspapers.

3. What I wish to learn more about.
Website design and Internet publishing are at the top of my list so that I can fulfill no. 2. I have been involved in print publications for most of my career. I am finding the Internet fascinating and am amazed at the potential.

4. How could I be more productive?

I need to get more sleep, more exercise, and eat better! I am finding these are the key things to having the energy to be more productive. I also need to manage my time a little better to help me stay focused.

5. One new thing I plan to try.
Well, I already tried something new this year! Earlier this month I was inspired by a friend I met on myspace D.E. Navarro and his NavWorks Poetry Forum to try my hand at poetry. I never considered myself a poet, but I am having a blast. I will post some of my poetry here soon. Perhaps in my next post.

6. The blogging tip(s) I have found the most useful.

The number one tip is to have fun. Next is to be yourself and be real. And number three would be to have someone proofread when you can. It is very frustrating to me to keep finding mistakes every time I read back over my posts.

7. The 4 (or more) people I am passing this on to.
(please include someone quite new to blogging if you can - to help them along by introducing them to your own readers and giving them some backlinks).
I am at a little at loss as to who to tag here, because most of the writers I have met are on myspace. I would love to meet more writers and increase my networking circle. I guess I will just leave it as an open tag to all who happen across my blog. Please leave me a comment with your link if you accept the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for responding to the tag, Tammy. You gave some great tips.

    ReplyDelete