Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Busy Summer Days

It seems like I have lived the last few weeks in hyperspeed. Early Monday May 12 we received a phone call that my husband's father had died. He had been in a nursing home since March with terminal cancer so we knew it would not be much longer, but still we were not quite prepared to say good-bye. Doesn't it always seem that way? We have been very busy taking care of business related to probate, sorting through his stuff, etc., which is why I haven't had time to post a blog here for several weeks.

We are also in the process of looking for a house to buy. We have to be out of the rental we are in now by the middle of August. Looking at houses for sale has been quite an adventure! We have been in some gorgeous homes, and in some dumps. We have been in homes that were immaculate, and homes where we have had to pick our way through dirty laundry, pet poop (yes really!), and miscellaneous junk strewn from one end of a room to another. We have still not found the right house for us, but we know it is out there. So we are looking again tonight.

I will not have much time for writing during the next couple of months with moving. However, after much prayer, I have decided to post the devotional series I have been writing for my Dedicated to Christ myspace blog here. I started this series last January and have had a good response on myspace. It is on the attributes of God. entitled "Seeking to Know God." I will post the first one later this week or early next week.

I am also not taking on any new editing projects or P.R. clients this summer. In fact, after I get settled in my new house, I am going to focus on writing a book, so I may not take any more new clients for a while. I will post more about that later.

Now you know what I am doing this summer, so what are you doing? If you have time leave me a comment to share your summer adventures with me and my readers.
Wishing everyone a wonderful, fun, safe summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment