Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update on my many projects, including website for Cross Reference Writers

Just wanted to post an update to all my readers to let you know I haven't forgotten you. Here is an overview of my recent projects.


Cross Reference Writers

In February we formed a new Christian Writers group here in the Brazos Valley Texas called Cross Reference Writers. We meet the first Thursday of the month on the campus of Blinn College in Bryan. I just finished putting up a simple website for us using Google sites just to give us a web presence. http://sites.google.com/site/crossreferencewriters/ I am also working on post cards to send out to local churches asking them to put a notice about us in their bulletins and newsletters.

Writing projects:
I am now a contributing writer to Brazos Insite Magazine, a regional magazine for the Brazos Valley. My first article came out in May and is about The Holistic Garden complex on the Texas A&M Campus. My next article will appear in July. This is a print magazine, so don't have a link to post.

I am working on more pieces to submit to Churchmouse Publications as they are about to launch their website. They are a Christian syndication group.

My husband and I recorded many of our ideas for our marriage book and I am beginning to transcribe the tape. I have made a book outline and written a preface.

Home and Family:
My younger son, and a niece and nephew graduated from college this month and we gave them a big party, so much of my time early in the month was spent organizing that event. It was fun and we are so proud of all of them!

We are still working on moving into this house we purchased last summer. We are finally emptying out our storage units, which means we are surrounded by boxes again. I am especially anxious to unpack books related to marriage to use as references in our book. I know I have several I want to look at again. I also need to organize the room we have remodeled into an office.

And I am working on my yard, trying to bring some order to the gardens that went untended for a year or more. Need to do that before it gets too hot for me to work out there.

You can see why blogging has not been a top priority with me. Lots to do this summer. However, I will try to post another in my hymn series soon.

Blessings to all!

1 comment: